Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Little Things: Part 2!

Well when I first wrote The Little Things I didn't mean to make it a two part thing or a three part thing but God keeps spoiling me with blessings so I just have to blog about this. I LOVE the little things!! I love love love the little blessings because I am a little person, I'm a short girl and because of my height I've had people underestimate my abilities a lot of times, I think some people underestimate the power of the little things and my purpose with this post is to help people appreciate those things.
Ok so here are some of my little blessings. There's a mom from my church that I'm really close to and I'm super close to her kids, this woman is such a godly woman and such a great influence in my life! She does so many little things for me, she has me over at her house almost every week and she gives me amazing advice on relationships, motherhood and marriage. Talking about boys with her is so much fun! :) She'll text me to make sure I'm ok and prays for me a lot. I love this lady so much!! She treats me like a daughter and I call her "mom" a lot. Today I wasn't feeling my best, I just felt overwhelmed and down for no reason but God knew exactly what I needed. I was watching the Olympics (go figure) when I got a call from this lady, her 3 year old called me just to say hi to me. I LOVE that little girl so much!!! She is seriously my little sister. Wow, I teared up while I was talking to her. This meant soooooo much to me! The joy that a child can bring to someone is absolutely incredible. That moment made my entire day, and it was like a 30 second call!! Thanks God, you keep amazing me more and more.
There's another mom that I'm also close to, she is one of my small group leaders in my youth group and has become one of my best friends. Now the Olympics are going on and I am OBSESSED! I didn't know she was a fan too. Everyday she'll text me and we'll be texting in the middle of screaming and dying with these matches (seriously, these athletes KILL MY NERVES!!!) and it is so much fun for me to have someone there to share this excitement with me because my siblings don't get into it like I do. Two days ago it was already midnight and I got a text from her saying the sweetest thing in the world! She just wanted to let me know how much joy I bring to her heart. See that little text was a full demonstration of God's HUGE love for me. It was so great to read that! Such a little thing meant the world to me. I tried to tell her how much I loved that text but I don't think words could describe what that meant to me.
Another leader from another small group that I go to also did something super cool for me. I was supposed to go on a trip that didn't work out in the end (remember the big prayer I talked about in 'Say what God'? TA DA!!) and this was a trip that she had gone to in her high school years, in fact she did the job that I was supposed to do so she's very familiar with the type of work that goes into it. So for everyday I was supposed to serve she made me a card with a verse or a good quote from a song or anything encouraging just to give me strength to keep it going and to focus on God and on my work for his glory. Now everyday I open a new card and everyday God keeps speaking to me and they've all managed to put a smile on my face. She keeps reminding me that she loves me and that God loves me. It's so cool!!! Maybe I didn't go on the trip but this is something I can apply to my everyday ministry that I have with my family, they need me more than they know. See it's those little acts of kindness that just blow my mind! It's those little things that remind me that God is great :) That God is extremely loving and caring!! :)
Ever hear that saying "less is more"?? Well in this case it's so true!!! Sometimes little things do more than great things could ever do, they could impact someone way more than the great things we like to do for people.
I love receiving little things but I also LOVE giving little things :) It shows God's love! It shows Christ's greatness. Maybe it's hard and maybe for you it's not easy but it's not about easy or hard or impossible, it's about love, it's about shining God's light, it's about being who we were made to be.....a light. Showing love is showing glory, God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment