Friday, July 5, 2013

I'M A MOM!!! :D

No no I'm playing, I'm just kidding :) Did you actually believe that? Wow, I must be getting good at this whole lying thing. lol JUST KIDDING!!!

Ok but the real point of this is that yes, I'm a mom, I'm going to talk about my child....Rise Above It Missions. I call it my baby :) because it is, Weebly even gave us a birth certificate. It's legit.

I don't think I've really expressed what this ministry means to me or what is doing in my life so I want to talk about it now.

Rise Above It began with my best friend and I just doing random acts of kindness for people, she introduced me to different ways of encouraging people and I just picked up on them. The more we did, the more greedy we got, we just wanted to do more and bigger! So, being the genius that she is, my friend came up with the idea of setting up this ministry. We noticed how many people on tumblr were hurting and cutting so she began doing her part by messaging people there, just encouraging them. Then she came to me with the idea of setting up an email. Sometime in December, I believe, we launched the email account. January 2nd of this year we got together and launched the website and the facebook page and a couple of weeks ago we launched the twitter. Everything has been moving pretty fast, and pretty slow at the same time. At the moment it is mostly an online ministry helping teenagers who are facing depression, self harm and eating disorders.

I knew I liked helping people, but my gosh this girl, my ministry partner, her heart for helping others is SO HUGE! She's so selfless! She will do anything to be there for people! I admire that so much and I'm hoping to mirror that someday. When everything with Rise Above It started I was very excited! I loved the idea! Then for a while I got really lazy about it, I let so many other things get in the way of my work for this, I'll admit my heart wasn't always passionate for it.

Then something changed. We got news that this girl that my friend was helping (not through RAIM) had attempted suicide and was in the hospital. Whoa...that shook me so much. That night I didn't even know what to say or think, all I wanted was to do something with RAIM, get back at it, post something, DO something!! God really woke me up that night and I kept thinking about a certain verse in Ephesians that a pastor from my church had preached on earlier in the year, Ephesians 5: 14 "This is why it is said: 'Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'"

It was as if God himself was literally shaking my body and yelling at me "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!", he was waiting for me, for my partner and I, to wake up, get up, and be the arms and feet of Christ. You see I believe God has huge plans with this ministry, this is His', but he needs us to carry it out. Ok God, point taken. 

After that night I began to put my full effort into this, everyday my partner and I have been working on it and we got into the habit of praying for RAIM everytime we got together, the moment the happened...God answered our prayers, RAIM started growing and growing and getting bigger and holy cow, it's just awesome, God's power is awesome! 

I call this ministry my baby because it is much like a child. I didn't really realize how much responsibility this took, I mean we are not only saying "Oh Devil, me! Pick me! Pick me! Attack me!" but we are also vulnerable to attachment and loss, what if one of the kids we help does go through with their plans of committing suicide? What if they do die? It's a huge load to take on. Much like a kid, you have to be constantly paying attention to it and caring for its needs. We are constantly talking to our followers and updatting the website and the facebook page and such.

RAIM has made me realize that I am part of something so much bigger than I am, it really shows to me that God's plans for me are so different from the ones I make. When I became a Christian, I never imagined that I would get involved with something like this, I didn't know how much God was planning on using me. I am in awe, honestly I love this ministry and I will fight for it until the end. The satisfaction I get when people tell us that our words of encouragement helped them is priceless, nothing makes me happier. I pray that God shines His light in the lives of these people and that many may hear the gospel through us, that they may see Christ through us. Part of the responsibility of this ministry has been entitled to me, why? I have no idea! But I will do what God is asking of me.

I love Rise Above It Missions and I will cherish it, protect it, help it grow and take care of it until God tells me to let it go, to move on.

P.S Check out our website at riseaboveitmissions.weebly.com

God bless!!

One more thing: if God is calling you to do something....just do it.


1 comment:

  1. I am praying for your ministry every night. Remember that God has his hand over all things.

    ReplyDelete