Monday, September 17, 2012

Divorce is NOT an option!!!

If there is anything in this world that I absolutely HATE with a burning passion that would be divorce. I'm warning you now, I'm going to be all over the place because this subject makes my blood boil. I love how people think it's even an option. It's not.

Ok let me explain, I come from divorced parents, I've seen people get divorced my entire life. Couples that I love and adore, just this year 3 couples that I just loved to pieces got divorced. Seriously? Really?!

Vows are EXTREMELY important. When you are at the altar you make a PROMISE, a promise to stay with that person no matter what. Who said promises were meant to be broken? Now a days people just go around marrying whoever. Do me a favor, don't marry the person YOU love most, marry the person God wants YOU to love the most. God will provide a man or woman for you, he will provide someone that will compliment you. People let their emotions get the best of them and after 5 or 20 or even 30 years together, they decide they no longer want to be together. Why? Why do we give up so easily? Why do we like winning so much yet when it comes to marriage we allow ourselves to loose? Marriage is a work in progress, it takes work to make it work. We fight so hard for so many things in our lives and yet when the time comes to fight for the person we once swore to love until the end of days we just...give up. As if giving up was an option.

People get married for the stupidest reasons and then they let other stupid reasons get in the way of the marriage. Be wise. Choose wisely, even better, let God show you who he chose for you.

Look I've grown up with divorce all around me, it keeps following me, it's challenging me, almost taunting me, it's telling me "you won't be able to do it, you won't make it either" BUT.THAT'S.A.ALIE!! Just because the people around you can't make it happen doesn't mean that YOU can't do it. I pray so much for my marriage, I pray for my future husband, I even write letters to him! I pray that God just shows me who he chose for me. And this you can know for a fact, I.will.fight! And I will win! I will NEVER forget my vows, I will not break that promise. In my marriage, just like in the rest of my life, God will reign! He will be King and head of the whole thing. My husband and I will have a godly marriage and we will grow in our faith together. I will dedicate my marriage to God because it really doesn't belong to me. Someday I'm going to meet a godly man and he will accept me and love me and he will love God with all his heart and we are going to get married. That union will be dedicated to the one who allowed for all of that to happen, the one who decided to bless me so much.

Why do people forget about love? Why can to people say they love each other and then after some years just "fall out of love"? If you want to say a word, first learn the meaning of it. Learn the meaning of love, of love between two people who were once strangers. Don't go around saying "I love you" to whoever you date.

I hate divorce. I despise it with all my heart. It was a trial in my life, yes it made me stronger and yes it was necessary for me to come to Christ and God (in his awesome wisdom) knew that it would bring me to him but no, I don't wish it upon ANYONE!! No child should go through what my siblings and I went through, it is destructive.

This was a little bit of a rant but I can't help it. It annoys me that people have made divorce an option now a days. Vows are words that our mouths say and promises that our hearts make. And no heart should make a promise in vain.

My heart belongs to Christ, when the time comes, he will gladly share it with my husband. And just like I fight my battles against the devil for Christ and for God in this world, I will fight my battles to keep the person God chose for me to love the most and with God's unending strength and undeserving help...I will win.

May all the glory go to the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment