Saturday, September 29, 2012

What can I say?

Ok...let's get personal. I like someone, I still like he same kid I've talked about before.

And he is WONDERFUL!!!!

Now the boy that I like doesn't go to school with me so most of my school friends don't know him. Yesterday I was hanging out with some friends that I love to death, they are not Christian or anything (sadly) but they are great girls. So one of them asked me "in 5 words or less tell us, what makes this guy so special?". Hmmm....I had to think about that one.

Here's why.

I had hung out with a few girls and like two boys that day. After that I went to my homecoming game and we got separated so I ended up sitting by a bunch of boys, I mean I was literally surrounded by guys, how did that happen? I don't know. But it made me realize something, they were all SOOOOO WORDLY!!! Oh my gosh it was ridiculous! The things they would say, the way they would talk, their behavior, I mean everything was just extremely worldly. One guy asked another "where's your girlfriend?" and he responded "cheerleading" then the other guy said "you tap that?". Wow. Fail. At this point I was ready to slap someone.

You know when you have friends and they have friends that you don't really know but you want to hang out with your friends so suddenly you end up hanging out with these people? Well that happened to me yesterday. Not only did I have to spend two hours of my life with two boys who kept making sexual jokes and swearing and weren't all that great but I also had to sit next to about another 10 boys who were JUST like those other two. No. Excuse me, THEY WERE WORSE!!! They were super disrespectful to girls, the way they expressed themselves about them was just horrific. They were just all stupid teenage boys.

And this entire time I was thinking "Wow. I'm so glad _______ is not like this!"

So after the game my friend confronts me with this question. What do I say? And how do I make it 5 words or less? Well my first response was "He's-a-Christian" but I know lots of Christian boys who are not godly like he is. I wanted to use the word godly but my friends wouldn't particularly understand the meaning of that word. So what do I say??

I think I was tongue twisted. I couldn't possibly have given an answer in just 5 words!! Well I could have but it would have been a HUGE understatement! Sometimes we take things for granted and I feel like I take this boy and his feelings for me for granted.

See God is funny because this boy and I live completely different lives and our schedules are super different. So many times we'll go through periods of time when we won't talk much and I start letting my imagination run wild: "maybe he doesn't like me anymore" or "he just doesn't wanna talk to me". And it's like that part in The Avengers when Loki traps Thor and tells him "Are you ever not gonna fall for that??". It's just what God does to me, when we stop talking simply because our lives are busy and I start thinking it's because something is wrong is like God saying "Really?? Are you ever NOT gonna fall for that??"

I'm I ever going to trust God COMPLETELY when it comes to my relationship with this boy? Here I am being extremely blessed with someone who lives his life FOR CHRIST, who is not even dating me yet and already treats me like a princess, who is eager to talk to me and excited to spend time with me, who makes an effort to be a part of my life AND I'M COMPLAINING?!

Yesterday I truly realized how extremely blessed I am to have him in my life and to have inspired feelings towards me in his heart. It wasn't a coincidence that I had that experience with worldly boys the whole day and after the game this question pops up. God was trying to tell me something. Ok dude, message received :)

What makes him so special?? HIS.HEART.BELONGS.TO.CHRIST! What else can I ask for?? What else can I possibly say? He adores God and wants to give Him everything he has! He sees Christ and wants to be a reflection of Him. I pray that I am in God's plan for him and that he is in God's plan for me. I pray that someday we get married and have children, I pray that we are meant to be. BUT if we are not you can know two things for sure:

1) His future wife is an EXTREMELY lucky/blessed woman.
2) He has set the bar super high for my future husband. I have pretty high standards because of this boy.

Yeah, a little bit of a rant but I just needed to say how blessed I am. Man, God is so good :)

5 comments:

  1. I am very glad that God showed you something good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah dude, way to use my Loki analogy. I copyrighted that. jk:) I loved it. And now if you ever complain again I can show this to you;)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha having fun showing this to me on your phone!! And Im glad God showed me that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! He sounds like quite the Godly young man. :)
    I was at a high school football game with a friend recently as well, and I was shocked at how shallow and worldly the kids' conversations were! My daddy said later that night that he didn't hang around me there because he didn't think he knew how to "speak teenager." But I said, "Evidently I don't either." Too true.

    ReplyDelete