Friday, April 26, 2013

I'm not poetic and I'm not a poet

Ok so poetry is not my thing, but every once in a millennium I'll get really really inspired and I'll write some pretty cool stuff. I was thinking about my future husband one time and I decided to write this poem for him. I write other things for him as well so why not throw some poetry in there right? So here it is.

I can't believe you gave me this chance,
the chance to love without any fears
You never fail to make my heart dance
so I pray it dances for many years

Our God has blessed us beyond compare
so forever and always, to Him be the glory
My love, let's never seize to lift our prayer
of living out a godly love story

I still remember when you whispered "no doubting",
the doubts went away as we embraced
I could not keep myself from smiling
and inside of me, my heart raced

Your eyes are gorgeous like the moon,
they always show me my reflection
In them, I will see your wife soon
For only you have my affection

I promise to bear that ring with pride
I promise to someday say "I do"
I long to call myself your bride
I long to say that I love you


No comments:

Post a Comment