Friday, April 6, 2012

Christian Gossip

Ahhh yes. Gossip. One of my favorite things to do. I'm a teenage girl, I like to gossip, only......it's not the gossip you are thinking of. A couple of months ago I was at church hanging out with some friends and we were talking, now I don't remember how but one of my friends said "we are gossiping....christian gossiping". You may be asking "what's christian gossiping?" well it's as simple as this: saying nice things about people when they are not around. That's it. That's all it is. From then on I've been using that term a lot, whenever I'm saying something nice about someone and they are not around I say I'm christian gossiping. I have a friend who will text me everytime she's christian gossiping bout me. It feels really nice actually, to know that instead of sitting there judging someone and discussing how wrong they are and how I could have done things better in that situation, I'm actually saying positive things about them. Things that are encouraging. Honestly, what's the pleasure in eating someone with your words? That person is never going to hear all the hurtful things you have to say and whoever you are talking to doesn't need to hear those things. If instead you concentrate on the people you love and the things you love about them and you choose to share those things with other people, you will see how rewarding it is. The tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Don't use it to hurt others, use it to motivate people and encourage them. Try it, I guarantee that what you feel after you've done that is going to be an amazing feeling. Everytime I go around christian gossiping it fills my heart with love and it puts a huge smile on my face, that person may never know I did it or may never know what I said but boy is it gratifying!! I can tell you this, the feeling I get when I do it.....I can't explain it and I am thankful because God placed people so amazing that are worthy of such gossip. If you have anytime today please gossip.....no, not just gossip. Christian gossip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment