Monday, April 16, 2012

Hmmm.....do you ever wonder??

Ok so this is a thought that has been recurring in my head for a while now and I'm kind of interested to get some responses (those of five of you who read my blog.lol) because I want to know if anyone else feels like this.
I like to walk a lot and take the bus a lot so when I do that I listen to my iPod. One day I was just standing there waiting for the bus and I was listening to my iPod and I started looking around at the people driving, the many cars that passed me and I wondered.....these people, these drivers.....how many burdens do they carry? Ever look at someone and just wonder how their day is going? Well that's what I did, I sat there and pondered the idea that each and everyone of these drivers is real and has a life of their own and what is it like to live that life? And as they drive where are they going? To see some loved ones? To work? To feed their kids? To beat their kids? To cry themselves to sleep? To fulfill a dream? To destroy a dream? I mean how many times a day do we see people driving or walking and we don't even acknowledge them? We don't even realize that we may be having a good day or a bad day but what has their day been like?We don't realize that maybe they are broken inside or maybe they are having the happiest day of their life.
These past couple of days I've just really been thinking about that and looking at the drivers and maybe giving them a smile because I never know who's gonna need it, also the passengers, they have lives too. I look at those people and I can't help to feel love for them and wonder if some day by some weird accident or plan of God I will be able to meet one of them or help one of them. I also wonder about all the trials that they may be facing right now and how unfortunate I am for NOT being able to help but how fortunate I am to see their faces and BE able to help.....just not in the way you and I are thinking of helping.
Do you ever wonder? Do you ever pray?? You see while I was analyzing all of this I realized that I was useless to the people that didn't see my smile or realize that I was looking at them and for a slight second I felt frustration.
And then I looked up.
Wow. This thought was not about me at all! It's about those people, it's about them and God. Maybe I can't be there for them in the hard times or celebrate with them the joys of their lives but I CAN PRAY! That's the best way to help anyone!! Yes, I can ask God to help them because he can do anything and I am powerless, I can tell God that it's awesome that their lives are going great, I can ask him to show them Christ, to strengthen the faith of those who are falling apart. Praise the Lord because I CAN PRAY!!!!!!!!
You see I was getting so frustrated because I knew nothing about these people and I couldn't rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. I felt helpless. But by praying I am giving them up to the one being that absolutely adores them because He made them, he knows where they are going and what they are going to do, my prayers are the best help I can offer for them. Maybe my smile will brighten their day but my prayers give them hope and they don't even know it!! It's so cool! God knows the plans he has for them, these are plans to prosper them, not to harm them. Plans to give them a HOPE and a FUTURE. I could never give them that, no matter how much I want to be a light in their lives I can't because I can't help every person out there, but my prayers sure can because I know that my God is listening and I know that my faith is sufficient and his grace is abundant.
So I ponder....do YOU ever wonder? Do YOU ever pray for random people? Do YOU ever even pray for yourself? Look, if it were in my hands I would help every single one of those drivers and passengers and I would laugh with them and give them comfort when they need it, but I'm not God. The best thing I can do is pray for them. And if that's not good enough.....well, then you tell me what's better because I don't think you can out-do praying.
Go out and wonder. Go out and pray. It's fun.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I do that ALL THE TIME!!!! God hears our prayers and we may never know but maybe something small we did (like putting a grocery cart away for a random stranger) can make someones day! Maybe by us taking just a quick moment to say a tiny prayer can change someones life! God really does hear us when we pray! Amazing blog Eilobell:) keep it up! I love reading your blog. Your incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! Thank you for replying! I love your blog too :D

    ReplyDelete