Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pray for the stars

Hey there! Well I was just thinking today and I was thinking that almost never do I pray for the stars and by stars I mean celebrities. I mean honestly, we get caught up in the fact that these people are beautiful and surrounded by money and live glamorous lives and we forget that they are humans just like you and I. Yeah the paparazzi follows them around and give us pretty much everything we want to know, but they don't tell us what we don't want to know. Rarely ever does a paparazzi or a magazine take the time and effort of finding out the problems that celebs have, just because someone smiles it doesn't mean they are happy. Smiles can be deceitful and I think that celebrities hide a lot of things because they influence their fans a lot and we don't like to see our heroes be fragile. For example, one celebrity that I truly admire is Angelina Jolie. Don't get me wrong, I know she is not perfect or anything and there are a lot of things about her that I don't agree with but you have to admit that she is a great actress, she can deliver a variety of characters, from a secret agent to a desperate mother. I admire her skills as an actress and her passion for acting and directing. She is someone that I must pray for and will pray for. Yeah she has money and beauty and a wonderful family but do I know her struggles? She could be going through something really harsh right now and not a single paparazzi would tell me. You see we never know what our stars are going trough. Their lives seem so perfect and wonderful but no one has a perfect life.
But I like her, it's easy for me to pray for celebrities that I like, but what about those that I don't like? What about Marilyn Manson (whom I can't stand) or Drake (yeah Im not a fan of him)? Should I cast them out?? NO! On the other hand I should pray for them even more! Think of celebrities or people that you can't stand and pray for them, don't let that be an excuse for you not praying, I don't know Drake but I know that his life is not all roses and lilies. Pray pray pray. No prayer is ever wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment