Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Mighty Fortress

Ok before you read this you MUST listen to this song:

A Mighty Fortress

This song inspired this post. Like, ok continuing from last night's post things have been crazy these past few days but I listen to this song and I remember why I love my life :)

The lyrics of this song are just absolutely mind blowing! God's kingdom IS unshakable!! I am part of that kingdom therefore my faith should be unshakable too. Like Christ is sitting on the throne holding my heart in his hands and there is nothing that will bring him down from that throne, there is nothing that will keep Christ from my heart and my love. NOTHING!! My faith HAS to be unshakable, it has to be strong. When things get hard I will go to God.

Our God is a consuming fire
A burning holy flame, with glory and freedom
Our God is the only righteous judge,
Ruling over us with kindness and wisdom

Wow...that really gets to me. Like if there was any song that I would dedicate to God it would be this one because it reminds me of who holds my life. He is glorious and loving and he's passionate about ME! God is crazy about me!! He loves me more than I can possibly comprehend. He is the only judge, and he rules but he is a kind and loving ruler, and the best part about him is that he is wise, he knows exactly what he's doing! There's no such thing as "I made a mistake" in God's power.

God loves us and fights for us. Christ died for us. Is it just me or is this crazy?? Like the person who created EVERYTHING is fighting for me and is willing to let his only son die in my place so that I can have life ETERNALLY!! Yeah my God is jealous for me, he wants me to love him just like he loves me, can you blame him for that? Don't you want people that you love to love you back? He calls me his bride, if I was getting married I would want my groom to love me too! GOD LOVES YOU! HE LOVES YOU SO STINKING MUCH!!!

Yeah God is a mighty fortress and he is MY mighty fortress. I will take refuge in him during any storm because he is the only refuge I didn't create, the only refuge that will not fail. Sometimes as humans we take refuge in the people around us, friends, family, lovers, and that's not a bad thing, but these are imperfect fortresses because humans are imperfect and we are bound to fail. God is the only perfect refuge! You can still go to the people around you but don't ever put them above God, go to God first! Always always always seek him first, seek his fortress above anyone else' and he will place the right people around you to keep you strong.

My heart is set on him, my eyes are fixed on him and although it is hard sometimes I will not stop because He didn't stop Christ from suffering and dying for me.

Wow God, you inspire me so much!! I love you!!

Our God is exalted on His throne
High above the heavens
Forever He's worthy...


No comments:

Post a Comment