Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Now that's Love!

Ok so I'm sure you've all heard about the Colorado shooting by now but in case you haven't I'll tell you. In Aurora, Colorado, this guy went to the opening night of The Dark Night and he threw gas all over the theater and opened fire. A couple of people died and a lot of people were injured. Now Im going to request that you keep all these people in your prayers, including James Holmes (the shooter).

The reason why I decided to write this is because my friend and I have been following this case and her mom texted me and told me that 3 guys in the theater died protecting their girlfriends. Holy cow I think my jaw dropped when I read that. Wow. Ok in the bible Jesus says "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13) Giving your life up for someone is the greatest demonstration of love you can give. Now take these boys, they were not married to this girls, they were just their boyfriends but they gave up their lives so that the women that they loved and cherished so much could live longer.



I don't even know how to process that. Yeah they are heroes!! I see that and it makes me think about my future boyfriend. He has to be like one of these boys, he has to look at me and think "this is my future wife" and have no doubts about it. He has to be willing to fight for me if he has to, to love me to the point of risking his life for mine. Now you may be thinking "girl you are crazy! No guy is gonna do that!!" Really?? Cause 3 guys did, and not only did they put their lives at risk for their girlfriends, they gave it up. I hope to God those boys are in heaven because I would love to meet them someday. Girls don't just settle for anyone, don't marry the guy that you love most, marry the guy that loves you the most. Marry the guy that is ready to treat you as a princess even before you start dating.

As for me you can be certain of one thing, I want to date one guy and one guy only, my husband. I pray to God almost daily that he shows me who the right guy is because I want to give myself completely to my husband, I want him to know that I was saving all of me for him, all of my love was for him. My boyfriend/future husband has to know me well enough to realize that asking me out is saying "marry me someday". Look at these three boys, they gave up their lives for 3 girls that they loved, they respected them and they adored them enough to do this. Girls don't you dare say that chivalry is dead, don't you dare say "all guys are the same" because they are not. Trust me.

I cannot tell you how proud I am of those boys and how deeply I wish for my partner to resemble them but I also have to do my job. As girls we also have to love our boys deeply, to honor them and encourage them, to look at them and think "God, I have one life to live, please let me share it with him", we have to act like the princesses we are. I pray for those three girls and that they may find comfort and love and hopefully Christ.

That was an amazing declaration of love. Please if you are a guy and you have a girl that you are thinking of marrying someday, go and do something random for her that will show her how much you love her. Cherish her smile and then look her in the eye and think "you are my future wife".

2 comments:

  1. Wow. When I saw that picture I felt my stomach drop. It all just became real to me. Wow.
    Heroes<3

    ReplyDelete